Thursday, January 26, 2012

I know that sometimes I take advantage of my voice. We don't realize how easy it is to say something. I found the activity challenging. I can contain myself, because I'm often quiet, but I had some things occasionally that I wanted to say. This activity was fun and interesting, though. If I took the vow of silence for a whole day, it would be even more challenging. If you tried to get your point across to someone, and they didn't understand you, then it might get irritating. I've attempted going a whole day without talking, so I know what it can be like. I've learned not to take my voice for granted. We don’t try very hard to get our points across because it isn’t. We say things that are mean because there are so many words to say. I think that if we had a limit on what we would say, then we would be careful to choose our words. You don’t want any of them to go to waste. I think that we should be very mindful of what we say. This activity helped me realize that I want to say good and pleasant things, because I still have the words to do so. Some skills that you may need would be the skill to sign well. If others could sign back, it would be fine, but if not, then it would be tough. You could write people notes to show them what you mean to say. If you can mouth words well, then that would be another necessary skill to have.


No comments:

Post a Comment