Thursday, March 1, 2012

Leonardo De Vinci

My name is Leonardo De Vinci. I am a painter, a sculptor, an architect, and an engineer. My numerous skills had earned me the title “Renaissance Master.” I had a fascination with science and in-depth study of human anatomy that aided me in mastering the realist art form. I tried to incorporate movement and expression in my paintings. My works are said to be painted with great accuracy and detail that it is sometimes said that I painted from the bones outward. I lived until the age of 67. Though I was celebrated, I was also humiliated and cast away. My paintings never left the sketchpad, or were only partially completed, as I often abandoned my commissions in order to flee from social situations. Some of my works that you may have seen are The Last Supper and Mona Lisa. When I was 15, I had already mastered skills in the fine arts and I was sent to Florence to work as an apprentice in the renowned workshop of Andrea Del Verrocchio. I worked with him until 1477. In 1472, I still worked with Verrocchio and was honored as being accepted to the painter’s guild of Florence. I worked independently until 1481. I was assigned two projects, but I abandoned one of them as I moved to Milan. While my career was taking flight, my reputation was damaged in 1481 when I was charged with sodomy. In 1516, the king of France invited me to work for him, and on May 2 of 1519, I died from something that is unknown to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment