Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 3 - Tagbilaran, Philippines

 Chocolate Hills
I flew from Cebu City to Tagbilaran. The first place that I visited was Chocolate Hills. Chocolate Hills is a candidate for the seven natural wonders of the world. This consists of numorous cone-shaped hills. In the dry season, the grass turns brown. This is why they are called Chocolate Hills. I then went to see the the Ermita Ruins. The ruins are famous for the unique cemetery. According to accounts of local residents, the structure was allegedly used as a military fortress, chapel, and final resting place of the members of the Spanish clergy at the time. The next stop was Macas Orchids and Farm. This farm is 6,000 square miles. It contains various species of Dendrobuim and Vavoa orchids. A Filipino native house is placed in the center overlooking the Ubujan and Maribojoc Sea. It is the favorite spot for picture taking. I ate at Saya's Restaurant. I'm starting to really like Filipino food. I stayed at Soledad Suites.

No comments:

Post a Comment