Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 7 - Batangas, Philippines

 Lipa Cathedral
I flew from Puerto Princesa to Manila, and then took a Ferry to Batangas. I first went to Lipa Cathedral. Lipa Cathedral was originally built to honor St. Sebastian. Its first grand transept was completed in 1865 but after the war, it underwent massive reconstruction. This beautiful church has an architecture which used columns and arches in an ascending and descending order, creating the effect of a shadow and-light play. I then went to the Submarine Garden.  The garden consists of living corals near the shore of one of the beaches of Lobo. It can be clearly seen during the early mornings when the water is clear and the tide is low. It has been acknowledged to be a fish sanctuary. I ate at Casa Rap. The next stop was the Mainit Hot Spring. This is a naturally warm spring and is very relaxing. I've always wanted to get in one, so this was my chance. I stayed at Matabungkay Beach Resort and Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment